Franciscans for the Poor offers both winter and spring alternative break opportunities as well as summer Mission Trip experiences. We focus on exposing our participants to the Franciscan traditions of simplicity, service, community, and spirituality. Groups of five to thirty-five people, from parishes, schools, and colleges nationwide, come and spend a week or weekend living simply in community with one another while serving in various service agencies in the greater Cincinnati area. We provide the housing, food, and service assignments, as well as social, educational, and prayer opportunities throughout the experience. Come make a difference with us!
Totals for 2016:
- We served at a total of 28 sites.
- We had 271 people stay at Tau House for a week-long service trip.
- We had 93 people stay at Tau House for a shorter service trip.
- We had 185 people stay at Tau House for weekend or day retreat.
- We had 242 people serve at agencies through us without staying at the House.
- We logged 9,551 hours of service.