Will there be ‘down’ time?
Free time is scheduled from the time you return from work until supper at 6pm. Some participants use this time to shower, nap, read, pray, play games, or swim. Participants scheduled to cook the evening meal need to allow ample time for supper to be served by 6pm.
Will there be time to site-see in Cincinnati?
If a group chooses to sight see, you are welcome to explore on your own, or we can provide directions and options for some attractions. These include:
- St. Mary’s Basilica in Covington, Kentucky
- St. Peter in Chains Cathedral in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ault Park provides a beautiful view of the Ohio River – Weather permitting, groups can pack a picnic lunch and eat there one evening
- Krohn Conservatory has free admission and only open until 5pm – Groups would go there right after work and eat supper later either at Tau House or the Picnic in the Park
- The Cincinnati Art Museum is free of charge and a $4 fee for parking – Only open until 5pm (except Wednesdays open until 8pm)
- Carew Tower offers a $2 elevator ride which provides a view of the City – Only open until 5pm, so groups who choose to do this should plan on a late supper
- Cincinnati Reds Baseball – some groups choose to take a free night and attend a professional baseball game when the Reds are in town – Check their website for current schedule and ticket prices. Group sales are also available
- Cincinnati Zoo – some groups choose to go to the Cincinnati Zoo the day of departure – Group tickets are available
- Skating on the Square – downtown Cincinnati on Fountain Square offers ice skating for a nominal skate rental and admission fee – This is typically offered nightly from Thanksgiving – January 31st
- Music on the Square – downtown Cincinnati on Fountain Square offers a live band most nights of the week during the summer – Free admission
- Graeter’s Ice Cream is known nationally and shipped on dry ice to Oprah
- For groups who choose to add a day to their trip for site-seeing, we recommend this website for more information on activities available in Greater Cincinnati